In April of this year Belfor & Associates, LLC entered its tenth year serving the industry. We continue to serve integrators, manufacturers, emerging technology companies, sales leaders and their company’s leadership. Our initiatives are aimed at growing their professionalism and knowledge while focusing on revenue. Our mission is to assist in developing strategies, best defined as doing the right things and tactics, doing things right. Thanks to our clients old and new. Don’t hesitate contacting us to discuss how we can assist you and your organization.
Security professionals from around the globe will be greeted by an amazing line up. Hundreds of knowledgeable speakers. Classes and an array of products and services. This will be my 43rd consecutive year in attendance. I know I’ll find new ideas, best practices and get to see my network of security professionals. See you there.
A great line up of ASIS Foundation events awaits you this year in Vegas.
Here are some highlights
- Sunday 23 September – the annual golf tournament will be held at The Bali Hai Golf Club 5160 S Las Vegas Boulevard – tee time is 0800 with lunch 1300-1430.
- Also on Sunday 23 September – The Foundation Reception will be at Brooklyn Bowl, 3545 Las Vegas Blvd South at 1800 – 2200. A Karaoke challenge cheer on your favorite with your donations to the Foundation – ohh and btw this Brooklynite won’t be singing so no fear there.
- On Monday the 24th of September– come to the awards luncheon at noon and don’t miss the Karen Marquez Honors at 1730-1900 in the Westgate Pavilion 10, where this year’s awardee is long time thought leader and educator Linda Florence.
- On Tuesday the 25th – photos with chapter donors in the Hub at the exhibit hall will be taken. Check for times chapter leaders.
- On Wednesday the 26th – don’t miss the awards during keynote at the convention center 0830-1000
- Plus a favorite for those updating resumes or professional social media pages you can get a professional mug shot at photo lounge and while there snatch a collectable GSX Pin both at the Hub in the convention center
I look forward to seeing you and being seen. You can keep updated on events by visiting www.asisonline.org website for additional details and information. Golfers sign up now as space is filling up. Safe travels to Vegas -see you there. HB
Formerly the ASIS International Annual Seminar and Exhibits, Global Security Exchange unites the full spectrum of security for one powerful, global event. A world class education, innovative technology and solutions and leading industry networking opportunities. This year in partnership with Infragard and ISSA the Information Systems Security Association International. I look forward to seeing you there, this my 42nd consecutive seminar and exhibits. Each passing year has proven to be more rewarding and informative then the previous one, I’m confident this will be the case again. Register now on line at http://GSX.org/register and don’t forget to check out the ASIS International main website for other events – http://asisonline.org
Don’t miss this session: Global Threats Affecting the Security Profession: ASIS International Board of Director’s Perspective.
This 2-part session # 5210 and #5306 will be presented on Tuesday 26 September beginning at 1400 EDT
Regardless of whether you can join me here, take advantage of the provocative, insightful and timely topics, which address a majority of the most important issues facing security professionals worldwide. Review the sessions now and maximize your attendance at this year’s event.
The ASIS Foundation is dedicated to supporting our members, our profession and our communities. With the support of ASIS International, member and chapter donations and corporate support, the Foundation is able to invest in elevating security practice through research and education.
- Education – Talented and worthy members and security students around the globe receive scholarship support from the Foundation to pursue education and certification in the security field.
- Research – Each year the Foundation invests in actionable research on current challenges and industry trends in the security field.
Howard is committed to the foundations mission and vision and invites anyone who is eager to know more about how they can participate in the foundation’s growth to contact him.
The ASIS International Book Store announced the release of the second printing of this wonderful study guide and reference text. Howard is a co-contributing Editor. The book is now available either on line or if you’re in attendance at the ASIS International Seminar and Exhibits in Dallas, stop by the bookstore and get you very own.
Serving the Association
Howard joined ASIS International as a member in May 1981. Since then he has remained an active member. When the opportunity to submit an application for consideration to join the board of directors was presented it was met with both humility and gratitude. Elections were held a year ago and he has now served on the board for the last 6 months. The opportunity to be a resource and serve the association and the industry are unparalleled. “I couldn’t be more excited to provide assistance, inputs and leadership in this new role, I am delighted to be in the company of so many dedicated volunteer leaders both on the board and throughout the association.”
Howard is reappointed to ASIS International International’s Council Vice President position for another two year term.
The ASIS International Councils serve the membership through identification of information regarding security issues in their specific concentration. In addition, ASIS International Councils provide support to, and enhancement of, ASIS International educational programs and materials designed to meet the needs of professionals with specific security concerns and issues inherent to a specific industry.
ASIS International Councils provide a vital link between practitioners and the Society to ensure that only the most relevant and latest information on security practices is made available to ASIS International members.
Howard’s 2016 assignment will have him working directly with four (4) Councils, Defense & Intelligence, Retail Loss Prevention, Military Liaison and Hospitality, Entertainment & Tourism Security Councils.